Why submit your plasmids to our repository?
Sharing plasmids with the DNASU plasmid repository and the PSI:Biology-MR benefits you by alleviating the burden of storage, maintenance and distribution, and benefits the general research community by making plasmids available from a central source. We encourage plasmids submissions from researchers at Arizona State University and from the research community at large. Small and large collections are equally welcome.
If you are from a Protein Structure Initiative Center, please click here for information about PSI plasmid submission.
Steps to submit plasmids
- Gaining permission from your institution to include the plasmids in the repository for distribution under specific terms (the Depositor Agreement). NOTE that this permission has already been granted by many institutions listed here. For more information about Depositor Agreements, click here.
- Providing us with information about the plasmids, such as maps or sequence files, growth conditions, relevant authors and publications, etc. so we are set up to handle the plasmids when they arrive. We have templates for submission of information that allow us to easily import your data into our database.
- Submit your samples. Please DO NOT submit samples until we confirm that i) your data is entered into our computers and ii) we are ready to receive your samples.
We have standardized our submission process. This information is outlined in the following three files. Please read through each of these documents before you start.
Last Updated: March 29, 2013
- Clone Submission Spreadsheet This is an Excel spreadsheet containing two forms that allow you to enter the information about your vector and your clones (vector+insert). The forms add your data into a spreadsheet that can be saved and sent back to me to be entered into the DNASU database to be linked to your samples online. If you have a large number of samples, feel free to enter your plasmid information directly into the spreadsheet provided or contact us for alternate submission methods.
- Submission details This document outlines the definition of the data we ask for in the excel forms. If there are elements here that do not work for you, additional information you would like to add or any questions, please contact me for further discussion.
- Submission Checklist This document will guide you through the submission process. The items in this checklist highlight a variety of problems we have frequently encountered and describe in detail how to prepare your data and samples.
To get things started, please contact us.